Historical Videos

1918 Public Lunch
4916—50th Avenue
2013 A&J Family Restaurant


Wong Yet arrived in Canada from China and settled in Olds in 1900. In 1903, his son 
Wong Pond joined him and they opened the Public Lunch in 1918

Click to view video in new window

5038 – 50th Street
1920 Alberta Government Telephone 
2013 Mountain View Museum

Telephone service first came to Olds in the fall of 1903, when the Bell Telephone system built a long distance line from Calgary to Edmonton. Alberta Government Telephone bought all Bell’s holdings in the province April 1, 1908.

Click to view video in new window

5102—50th Avenue 
1900 W.M. Craig & Co. 
The People’s Store

W.M. Craig arrived in Olds from Quebec in 1898 and opened the People’s Store in 1900 in the former R.W. Logan hall. The store occupied the main floor, while dances and other social events were held on the second story.

Click to view video in new window

4910 - 50th Avenue 
1925 Mayfair Theatre
2013 Mayfair Cinema

The Mayfair Theatre was built in 1925 by Wong Pond and his son Frank Wong in partnership with W.H.B. Sharp of Calgary–based Sharp’s Theatre Supplies.

Click to view video in new window

Mountain View Museum

5038 50 St, Olds, AB T4H 1S2 (Map It!)

Mailing Address:
Olds Historical Society
P.O. Box 3882 Olds, AB, Canada T4H 1P6

403-556-8464

mountainviewmuseum@gmail.com

FOLLOW US:

  • Facebook B&W

© 2019 Mountainview Museum